Oct 15, 2011

Those chinese know a thing or two...

Fortune cookies are fun.  I've heard so many different things about them.  You have to eat the whole cookie before you read your fortune or it won't come true.  Read it and say certain phrases at the end of every fortune.  Keep it with you everywhere you go and it comes true faster.  Well, whatever it is that I've been doing, it clearly works.

I am not a believer of fate, destiny, or anything like that.  I believe you create your own life and you control it.  It looks like I have to eat my words. 

Remember the post about my traveling fortune and my twin? That fortune is already happening.  Today I was cleaning and found two old fortunes from this summer. 


I remember getting both of these fortunes. I thought nothing of them at the time.  But whats this? They've....come true...? Freaky, right?

1. Watch for a stranger to soon become a friend. Hel-lo! That would be roommate and twin Jace. I did not know her at all and in a month, we've already become such good friends and it feels like I've known her for forever. 



2. You are an artistic person-let your colors show. It may seem a bit of a stretch, but I feel like it fits perfectly with my decision to be a photojournalist. That takes an artistic sense and vision.  And to be honest, it kind of is something that totally scared me before.  I thought I could never be good at photography.  That takes truly creative and artistic people.  I just make dinky crafts for fun.  I don't create art.  But I know its what I'm supposed to do, and I could not be more excited about it!



Call it what you will-fate, destiny, the universal pull of the planet.  I just call it divine intervention.  Each time I think I'm totally and completely in control of my own life, I step back and see that very little of what has happened was my doing.  I know I have a Heavenly Father that puts things right where they are supposed to be or changes my opinions and views so that He can help guide me to what will make me happiest and what will help me thrive the most.  I am so grateful for that. Life is good. It is so good.  And I am so happy. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete