Dec 25, 2013

a christmas of people

christmas for me, is people. this year had felt different for me and i couldn't quite explain why. the joy of presents or the hustle and bustle of holiday cheer didn't seem the same. and i think that's because i changed a little bit. i have so dearly come to learn of the importance of the people around me in life, and i think thats where it all changed. because there's a certain feel in the air around the holidays that changes the way we are with people. and i think thats when i realized that i'd rather have people for christmas any day. people that i love and wrestle with daily, like brothers, and roommates, that always keep me laughing.  people that i look up to and admire, watching to know how to live, like my parents and grandparents. people that i connect with, that bring me such a feeling of solidarity and understanding that is accompanied with a bond that even i don't understand, but only us best friends truly can. and just those people. those people that we see all the time and that i somehow seem to take for granted that they are always just there. for me, people is what christmas is about. i could live on a christmas of traditions and people and still just be as happy. and i think thats why we are all here together. God gave us people to love us and nurture us. to influence us, teach us, and bless us. and my testimony of that is really the best christmas gift i could have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment