Jul 19, 2013

I am Danish

My grandmother's adventure was German, 
but as for my grandfather, it was all Danish.

i am obsessed with danish poppy fields. 
as you will notice throughout this post.


i have cute parents

my grandpa searches for family in a cemetary



this is where his family lived and farmed.


copenhagen docks






My Grandpa's family came from Denmark. 
The prophet Brigham Young asked his grandparents to immigrate
over to the states so that they could bring the Danes in the gospel here. 
(family mentioned in this church talk here)
His father was then called as a missionary to go back to Denmark
and start the work there. 
We are heavily Danish, as you can tell by the blonde haired blue eyed Jensen's,
and it was such a good experience to see all of the exact places 
that my great grandparents had lived and served and been.
I love my family and the sacrifices and great measures they took
so that I could be here today and have the wonderful blessings that I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment