Mar 5, 2014

Lets talk about the Oscars



Lets talk about the Oscars, because it already feels like it was so long ago, and I don't want to feel that way. This is one of my favorite nights of the year and I don't think people realize that until they experience me experiencing the Oscars.  And because of that, I have to #livetext my best friend from different states so someone who KNOWS Hollywood and films like I do, can identify with me. There were so many fabulous things though, I just have to gush for a minute. 

Ellen - she was fabulous.  Just really - after that train wreck that was Seth McFarlene last year with too many racist, sexist, and terrible canned jokes that you knew he had planned for weeks on end.  Ellen was just Ellen and it all worked out fabulously.  I mean, who buys pizza at the Oscars??

Fashion - ok, I know its kind of random, but I have to say I still am blown away by how great Olivia Wilde looked. She blew all those other pregger women out of the water.  Other honorable mentions - Cate Blanchett, Lupita, Sandra, Julia, J. Law, Amy, and Jared Leto - that bowtie killed me. 

Wins - Though I haven't seen a majority of the movies nominated (waiting for the DVD so I can Clearplay all those fabulous, yet rated R movies), I did my research, watched trailers, and so on.  I think the wins were fabulous and every bit deserved. Except for Gravity. It won way too much. And then let's talk about those speeches - I don't think I've heard as wonderful and inspiring speeches as those in the Oscars in years!  Seriously, this was one of the best Oscars yet.  So now starts my new goal to watch a large majority of the films that were Oscar winners from the very beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment