Aug 14, 2013

i love god. african stories.

i once said earlier this summer, that i would share more about my travels because they bring me alive. so here is a story that i still love the most.

there was one girl i met that was more of a heavenly teacher than a little girl to me.  as a 10 year old from the local town of naivasha, we were very different.  but she told me of  her life so proudly and excitedly. i asked her, "what is your favorite thing to learn about in school?" she quickly and boldly answered with a subject that to them meant religion and church.  as i was surprised by her boldness to share something that may have seemed more private so easily with someone so much older and different than her, she continued on. "do you know why? because I love God." it was so simply stated that her firm conviction shook me to immediate tears.  she continued even more, not even frazzled by my emotion, "and He loves you. i know He does. because He loves me." she taught me the simplicity of a relationship with God and a love for a faith that she knew to be true. a courage to share what you know to simply share your happiness of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment