Jan 1, 2013

a little new years miracle

for so long, i've never really began to appreciate the meaning of new years and the resolutions that followed. beginning with silly penned ideas at a young age and moving onto the larger and more complicated thoughts that required so much more change and struggle, it had only ever been a mere idea of writing things down to stay with them for a short while.  getting caught up in the ever-changing lifestyle i have grown accustomed to while being in my formative college years, resolutions seemed so much more minute and abstract to me than they ever had before.  what was the point of adding on more to do and change when i already was doing so with every new semester and season?
and then, i'm not quite sure how, but i was blessed with the beautiful ideas that this would be a blessing. that, while in the constant changing lifestyle that i experience every few months of my life, that this-this idea and plan would be something and probably the only things that i could keep consistent in my life this year. and with this change of heart, i learned that God is still very much here in my life and still very much wants me to accomplish the things that He has in store for me. and because of that faith He has in me, how can I not choose to follow so beautifully the few changes that will bless me beyond compare?

1 comment:

  1. There is a great article, not very long, in the December 1994 Ensign by Elder Joe Christensen. The title is Resolutions. I'm not sure if this link will work, but here it is. http://www.lds.org/ensign/1994/12/resolutions?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete