Apr 10, 2012

post-school stress

the one thing i've never been able to figure out about being a 'young adult':
old high school classmates. 

going through the ever-so predictable, but marvelous self realization of who i am, and leaving behind the silly cares of what others think at the small gossip adorned door of my high school, has done things for me that i didn't know were possible. a whole world of clothes i was too afraid to wear and music i never played in front of the judgmental peers now blatantly makes itself known at my very appearance.  and while the wonder has emerged in my spud covered little life, i forgot all too well that those people i used to hide from still exist. and man, i freak out at human interaction with people that used to know the shy, quaint, and simple elsa. where's your willingness to hide what you like, and follow the trends? your closet full of clothes that you never really wear because nobody would like them but you? whoa, wait, i thought you were a really quiet girl that stereotypically would find a good nice quiet boy, get married right away and start popping out babies. instead there's a sea of emma stone hair hiding my forehead with real bangs and a wardrobe of classy clothes that make a simple statement. and you like to travel and meet new people?  you have a creative and artsy side too? 
i am definitely not the same person. at least to those i used to know. but really, i am still me. the things i love just resonate on the outside now, with a little bit of added sass. but then, maybe we're all that way. maybe i shouldn't be afraid of showing off who i am and give you a chance to show off you too. 

ahh, the self-realizations that come while writing down the things that trouble you.

2 comments:

  1. Dear elsa, I'm still half in that phase so it's pretty fun, but secretly you inspired me to wear this fun old lady blazer I bought a couple months ago..I was worried I couldn't pull it off, and then I said "who care's, i think it's adorable"

    So thanks for finding your added sass :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ray, that makes me feel so wonderful! I think you are marvelous :)

      Delete