Jan 23, 2012

yes, its true

I have an obsessive personality. When I see a movie and I like it a lot, i'll see 4, maybe 5 more times. i find a new cookie, i buy two boxes and eat them until they're gone. i hate myself and i love myself. because of this embarrassing but totally true trait, i have learned to just stay away from certain things. tanning-i would become a doritto. mountain dew-a caffeine addict. and consequently, i choose not to start new tv programs, or else, well....it will consume my time with the rest of my tv shows. and yet, this past weekend, it happened.
The slow but sure strain of realizing that you've become addicted to yet another tv show.

Step 1: the first step undoubtedly, was the fact that i ACTUALLY wanted to watch another episode and then it got real when i learned from jace that it was 3 am.  yikes, there went 7 hours of my night.

Step 2. next, my embarrassment for having anything to even do with the show changed and i admitted that i enjoyed watching the darn thing. ok, maybe i straight up said i loved it.

Step 3. it then got a bit more serious when i had a dream about it and woke up thinking of the next possible time i could begin to watch it that day

Step 4. i accepted the fact that i loved it a bit too much after i started crying when lonely boy left S...and when i started speaking in the shows catchy nicknames and terms. it was just too much

Step 5. and then there's full fledged obsession when i began talking about the characters and their inherent lives and problems, as if they are real people and i can help them out with my advice. that was fun...ny.

other signs of current obsession for yes.........




gossip girl. thank you jacelyn mariah for getting me hooked on yet another tv series. yes, i used to make fun of you, but i guess you were right. it is fabulous. i take back all those countless times i teased you for obsessing over gossip girl.

3 comments:

  1. It was just a matter of time wasn't it? When you consider the fact that this is Jace's favorite show, I'm amazed you lasted this long. Sorry the obsessiveness if probably my fault - remember Friday Night Lights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.MY.GOSH. I went through this exact problem! Last winter semester my roommates and I watched all the seasons! It's horrible, but great. Grey's Anatomy is my new drug though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! i love that!! haha i'm so addicted its not even funny...maybe i'll have to give grey's anatomy a shot once it hits summer.

      Delete