Jan 2, 2012

not my favorite.

new years. not my favorite. in fact, i feel its a pointless holiday used as an excuse to party, spend money, and get wasted. like saint patricks day. so maybe when it hit the new year, i kept painting and watching juno without notice and maybe, i really don't care for new years. but, i will admit that the one thing i do enjoy is remembering the moments in which i was completely thoughtless and oddly impulsive and enjoy that which not many others can say they have done and i probably will never experience again. and i make a list (surprising isn't it?). this past year, i,

1. i kissed a giraffe. and i liked it. rug burn and all.
2. embarked on trek for second time. because apparently the first time wasn't torture enough.
3. i peed in the wild for the first time ever. 19 whole years without doing it, and man i was missing out. maybe thats too much information for you. sorry.
4. safety man would have shuddered at the thought, but i ate bull intestine. from a bull in africa and it was slimy, yet satisfying.
5. bought way too many pairs of toms and then, ironically, spent a day without shoes.
6. rode a camel. bruises inflicted: minimal. continual laughter from pictures: maximum.
7. and as expected, i bought a wand (only at ollivanders), attended the final harry potter midnight premiere, and become owner of all 8 movies of my very own.

(1,7,5,6)

and while i continually laugh and befuddle myself for the ironies of the year, i do occasionally allow myself to remember that i did indeed do many big things like finish my first year of college and start a second one, converted to the world of photography, realize i was separated at birth from my twin, and to top it off, somehow i turned 20. and greatest of all (at least for me) i finally had the courage to be the who i am on the outside. and i have never been happier.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are happy! And I loved your list, especially since I got to be there for some of these awesome things (even the intestine!).

    ReplyDelete