Dec 28, 2011

mind the gap

Since I am a travel girl, and I do have this great travel book (kudos, once again to my friend), why not make some good use of it and write about the places that I daydream of visiting so that I may have one of their lovely stamps adorn my little passport with its fresh foreign ink. 

The place I want to go next, and lately, most of all?

(isn't this fun?)

London. My dear lovely friend just returned from a study abroad in Old Blighty and I am envious of her and the few others I know that have done the same.  So what else do you do, than decide to study abroad there yourself? Is it mere coincidence that your roommate wanted to go to? Probably not. And so it is set in stone. Next school year, the two of us will be blowing loads of saved money to experience all 130,410 kilometers of the queen's great country.

And while my travel book tells me that the best places to go are places I have never heard of before (I obviously have a lot to learn. What ever happened to Buckingham Palace and the London Eye?), I plan myself to look for every last inch of Harry Potter that I can possibly find in the blessed homeland of the wizarding world. You better believe it.

So cheers to London! And cheers to travel Tuesdays!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah.. something freaky just happened with my comment.. anyway... london is my most favorite city in the entire world! you HAVE to do a bike tour. i loved it. and the churchill war rooms... those were amazing. however, my very favorite part of london was notting hill... make sure you go on a weekday morning so you can see the portobello market! seriously. it's the best. "in my favorite bit of london". :) sooo jealous of you! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my book talked about the portobello market!! i will definitely have to go...i trust your recommendations more than most!

    ReplyDelete