Jun 3, 2013

Things I've found I'm not so good at

Guys, let me just start by saying I'm terrible at this whole dating thing. In no way, shape, or form is this a post that I'm writing with the intention of people feeling pity, sorrow, or awkward after having heard me spill myself and share the fact that I can't really seem to find the balance that cheesy LDS movies of singles wards portray. There is no steady in flow of dates with nice and occasionally attractive guys that just seem to meet me in some way or another and then everything ends with a hunky-dorey-we're-still-friends-and-everything-is-cool ending. Its not even the terrible awkward and weird guys that always ask me out and persistently bother me for my latest opinions on Harry Potter book to movie adaptions (though it has happened a few times). I think its more of the fact that I can't even LAND a date. Its a continuous dry spell that makes me feel like a dehydrated dater. Maybe its because I'm not a competitive person and there is in no way that I find it entertaining or flattering to my own being that I should have to bat my eyelashes a little harder or say something a bit more witty. Maybe its because, gosh darn it, I brought up my Smallville and Revenge love a bit too soon and with a bit too much passion. But ya know, sue me. The one thing I find extremely comforting is the fact that one day someone would find my fake red hair and dry bony hands an added plus to my ADD compulsion for all things that require organization in my life. And one day he would find that this post isn't weird and completely lost at wanting to be my friend after reading it (like some might). So here's to that possibility and here's to me being myself through and through during the whole process, and gosh darn it, I hope that its worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Amen, sister Christian. Amen. Boys only like kissing anyway. Let's boycott them. Unintentional pun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Dating is the worst. And not going on dates, has lately seem MUCH better than ever going on them in the first place.
    I'm with court! Boycott the boys!

    P.s. maybe we should all get together and do something bloggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes lets! A boycotting bloggy event!

    ReplyDelete