May 21, 2013

whoa elsa, who are you becoming?

today i thought to myself, 
'dang it, i'm totally a grown up'.
yep. thats right. 
a real live grown up. 
not just because i'm legally and literally 21 years old 
(which still can be really bizarre when i remember it), 
but also because i work at a grown up job, with grown up people. 
and also because there are people out there, 
(mainly a large group of 12-17 year old girls) 
that look to me for direction and examples of how to be when they hit my age, 
which is grown up. 
and because i'm 21. 
and then i thought, 
should i be acting 21? how do normal 21 year olds act? am i way off base?
and after that i thought, 
what if i'm not doing this whole grown up thing right??
but then i realized, maybe i am just a little bit more grown up.
i know that there are definitely things about me that are. 
but i am always with myself and i will always think that i am the same elsa.
because in some ways, i totally am.


No comments:

Post a Comment