May 6, 2013

Traveling with the Jensen's is always a hoot...

I don't know what it is about traveling with families, but it somehow always brings out the best and worst in you all simultaneously. It always seems like they're some of the most stressful, yet most fun and rewarding times I've ever spent with my family.  And as with the best and the worst moments, I realized that these were and sometimes always are our laughs from a trip:

1. It wouldn't be a trip if someone didn't forget something. At least this year, we got it over with in the beginning of the trip on a plane.

2. This summer's catchphrase was appropriately called HOMO. Not, YOLO like last year, or even YOHO (my favorite. You Only Hawaii Once), but HOMO. Hawaii Only Maui Once. Thanks for that Noah.

3. "I can't hear you, I have cataracts."  Enough said Mom.

4. I'm also pretty sure that the only reason we attended a sacrament on Sunday was because my dad wanted to hear the entire congregation say "Aloha" at the beginning of the meeting.

5. And it just wouldn't be a family vacation without someone getting sick and throwing up. Ten points for Leo and his sun stroke.

6. I'd have to say that my favorite moment that takes the cake on all of the rest was our very last day. We were on the beach, when L complained to my mom that he needed to go to the bathroom, in which she replied, "There's a whole bathroom right there" and pointed to the ocean.  After a look of realization, he rushed to the ocean and waded out, but not quite far enough.  With only the bottom half of his calves covered in water, I wondered why he wasn't peeing and why he was standing in such a stance. And then I got it. He was peeing. Right there. Luckily, he kept his pants up.

7. Though this picture could also be considered one of my favorite moments too. Thanks parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment