Aug 19, 2012

at first, i thought it was a typo

the liebster award. yep. i thought the same thing too- 'what the heck is that?'. and the fact that i've been liebstered sounds even funnier in my mind.  but it turns out to be a german term that means the nicest and loveliest of terms. in short, it means you're all sorts of sweetness that is welcome to the crowd, in german. and the loveliest rachel (or rayo. i never know if you still go by that or not) awarded me with this blogging award that is making its rounds through the blogosphere world. and, do i feel honored to be given this! and as what comes with most blogging trends, a list of questions follows as well (feels a little like 5th grade e-mail chains ;) haha).  so, here it is. the liebster award!

Rules. Follow them children.
-Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
-Answer the questions that the tagger set for you PLUS create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer
-Choose 11 people and link them to your post
-Go to their page and tell them

11 things that you may or may not need to know about me

1. there are few things more important to me in this world than harry potter and hunger games. and thats the truth. (i'm also a tad obsessive. can you tell?)

2. i'm a bit narcoleptic. in more of a joking way though. i fall asleep quickly and then have complete conversations with people and not know it. 

3. there are several moments throughout my day that i find myself saying and doing things exactly the same as my mother and then i know why southern women have often mistaken us for twins.

4. i'm one of those creative people that likes to make, create, and design a whole array of things. so it probably wouldn't shock you that i'm a graphic design major and photography minor ;)

5. i'm sarcastic and a major teaser. *oldest child to a T*

6. i normally claim introversion, but put me in my favorite setting of a completely foreign country, and i break out of my shell. its irony shows how much i truly love traveling. 

7. i am a coordinationally challenged klutz. 

8. birds absolutely terrify me. they are my single worst nightmare next to natural disasters. 

9. walmart's $5 movie bin section is my weakness.

10.  my belief in fortune cookies is almost laughable. but if you had as many fortunes come true as mine have, we would be on the same page. 

11. i usually hate writing these types of lists because i can never never choose what i want to write. hence the random nature of these things. 

Rachel's 11 Questions

1. What is your favorite song and why?
That would be a tie between Blood by the Middle East and The Girl by City and Colour. Blood is just such a beautiful song and I feel swept away every time I listen to it.  I like The Girl because I would wish that one day a boy would sing it to me. Just because I like it a lot. 

2. How did you choose your name for your blog?
My friend told me that I should use a line from a song that I liked and I love Mindy Gledhill's song Whole Wide World and I felt A Little Girl With Great Big Plans was appropriate because I love traveling and I have so many big adventures and plans that are just barely beginning. 

3. What's your favorite item in your makeup bag?
Definitely my eyeliner. Its the one part of my makeup I can honestly say that I can fully master. 

4. If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why?
Where wouldn't I go is the right question haha my top three right now are India, Germany, and Harry Potter World. 

5. Cake or ice cream?
Definitely cake. Lactose intolerant right here. 

6. Who's your best friend and why?
My camera Lucy. Oh and that one friend I have named Jace. And that other friend I have named Jenna.  ;) haha they are the most committed and kind friends that know me better than I know myself. 

7. What's your favorite childhood memory?
I would have to say having mock Purina dog shows on my driveway with the neighbor friends. That was always a treat. 

8. Dog or cats?
Definitely dogs. But occasionally I like cats. 

9. What's your "go-to" funny you tube video?
All of the Kid Histories. Hands down. 

10. What do you want to be when you grow up? (we're always growing up right? right)
Really, I just want to be a mom. There are careers that I'm constantly aspiring to, like photography and graphic design, and I would be a happy girl doing those things. But truly, I just want to be a mom and I always have. 

11. Why do you blog?

Writing has always been a release for me. I used to be to afraid to express myself out loud (and sometimes still am), so writing was always a great way to try and say exactly was I was thinking while still processing the exact right way I wanted to say it. 

My 11 Questions
1. Tell us about your blogging life. Why do you blog? What do you prefer to blog about? Those kinds of things. 
2. If you had to choose only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Guilty pleasure? What is yours? ;)
4. What's your current favorite color of nail polish?
5. Favorite place to eat at? 
6. Who is you role model and why?
7. Whats your favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor?
8. Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years?
9. If you could go to any concert, what would it be?
10. Biggest celebrity crush. Go. 
11. What are your upcoming expectations for this fall? 

I 'award' and tag the following:
-Miss Jacelyn Bunney @ The Loveliness of Living
-The Lovely Court @ In the Garden
-Amanda in Germany @ Love, Amanda
-Lovely Lily @ All You Need is Love
-Annie Fannie @ A Fresh Start to a New Life
-Pretty Arielle @ The Diary of A Joshua Tree
-Cute Shelby Anne @ Walkin On Sunshine

Seeing as I have so few followers, I really only have this many to tag. So I break the rules and would not feel bad if you didn't feel the need to participate. Especially those that have been tagged in another one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment